Dec 15 2007
This is a yaoi steampunk story. Takes place in a world where there are judges ordained by the god of justice who can hear truth. There’s also a drug called ‘hextasy’ that will kill you unless you have sex with the person you most desire.
Rynn made a mistake in taking the drug hextasy with his fiancée. It was supposed to be the ultimate sexual high, except that you have to sleep with the one you desire most. If you don’t, your body won’t be satisfied and you’ll die. Rynn lived, Lynnette didn’t, and now her parents want someone to pay. Either luck or Surseine, the god of justice Himself, takes pity on Rynn by putting his trial in front of one of His judges. Sursei are graced by the god they represent with the power to see truth and Sursei Shasertai finds Rynn innocent of murder.
But the drug is still out there and Shasertai and the people who travel with him are determined to root out the drug lord responsible for its existence. Shas invites Rynn to join them. He goes willingly, fascinated by the judge who gave him a second chance at life.
Rynn might be innocent and straight, but Shas isn’t. He’s gay, happily so, and very much drawn to the farm boy whose simple innocence is a balm to one who can hear through the lies. What he hears is that Rynn’s not gay, so he vows not to get involved. Until another drug, another time, gets in the way…and then he and Rynn will have to deal with the each other’s truths and their growing attraction.
Publisher’s Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: Anal play/intercourse, male/male sexual practices.
Cover by Anne Cain
- Just Erotic Romance Reviews- 4 stars
- “If you’re looking for a fun glimpse into a fascinating new world, or just a great addition to your m/m collection, I definitely recommend Jet Mykles’s Sursein Judgment.”
- Reviewed by Ann Barber
- Rainbow Reviews- 4.5 stars
- “Their struggle to overcome an attempted murder and their feelings for each other kept me glued to the book until the very end.”
- Reviewed by Lydia
- Literary Nymphs Reviews- 4.5 stars
- “Sursein Judgment’s multitude of levels kept me riveted to the book, until the final page.”
- Reviewed by Scandalous Minx
- Joyfully Reviewed
- “Sursein Judgement will grip you in ways that will make you live the emotional journey along with Rynn and Shas.”
- Reviewed by Sabella
- Romance Junkies- 4 blue ribbons
- “…my new favorite story from author Jet Mykles.”
- Reviewed by Christina
- Fallen Angels Reviews- 4 angels
- “I found this story to be well-written and original and the plot to be intriguing…”
- Reviewed by Whitney
- eCataromance Sensual- 5 stars
- “Sursein Judgment is a five star work by a ten star author.”
- Reviewed by Kimberley Spinney
anime anthology aspen mountain press awards awards / nominations blogs bondage chat chatter contemporary cover art dark elves ebook elves excerpt fan fiction fantasy freebies FWF gay for you heaven sent holiday images indigo knights interviews interviews / spotlights leashed loose id m/f m/f/m m/m m/m/f menage mlr press new releases paranormal print rockstars shapeshifter weiss kruez werepanther werewolf witch writing yaoi